Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Had the septic tank pumped this morning. It has been 14 months since the last time-but I didn't want to take any chances as we had problems at 22 months before.


The first man who pumped our septic tank three years ago (out of business now) was quite a philosopher. I wish now I had recorded our conversations because he was just full of opinions on virtually every topic. I remember him talking about raising children, eating habits, career choices, dating, schools, politics... and it goes on. He talked and talked while his helper did everything. Mrs. Curley and I were in stitches.

******************************

Am trying to put together a training booklet for our altar servers. I have found quite a few helps online so far.

***************************



This reminds me of a book my mother gave me as a child for altar boys. It was called "Book for Boys" by Fr. Leo Trese . The book was mostly a series of stories of altar boys: the boy who always showed up late, the boy who wasn't afraid to tell the priest he forgot part of the Mass, etc. As I recall, there was also a section about the parts of the Mass and sacred vessels, vestments, clothes, etc. I read the stories many times.

I have given this book to each of my boys as they started to serve Mass. I'll have to track down our copy. I did a quick search on abe.com this morning and found no copies.

Oremus pro invicem!

2 comments:

nino said...

I want to have a copy of this book for our altar servers, where can I obtain this?

Jim Curley said...

Nino-Used bookstores (try ABE.com or bookfinder.com). I wish it was in print also. Good luck finding it.