Monday, August 20, 2007

Uh oh...here it comes

Pure self-indulgence coming. Last week I received the old family pictures-and I'm not quite done with them yet. Of course they inspired my post on childhood below somewhere. (By the way there was a story today on Foxnews.com about what makes children happy-the answer family, friends and God. Can't find the story now-and N.B. that happy children are not the same as an adult looking back and seeing a happy childhood.)

Well, today I received the box of nostalgia-lookout! I have barely opened it when this one caught my eye. I think I even remember painting it in water color (although I had to look at my Mother's notation on the back to see circumstances: Age 10: a thank-you picture for birthday presents received. )

Note: this is a fruit bowl by a window. And note the house outside the window. I was good at houses and so included them in almost any picture I drew or painted if possible. I am sure I could not paint so well today.

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: