Saturday, August 11, 2007

I really like making things-especially with wood. Today we built a dog pen for our puppy to stay in at night-when she's older. It will sport a dog house and has shady portions all but one hour of the day-although it is intended for night occupancy or when we are away. I think dogs bark more at intruders/unwelcome animals when they are penned because they can't investigate. It is close to the chicken pen. The fence is buried to discourage digging out. It is about a 10X12 footprint. Actually I did little to build the pen except advise and assist when needed. My oldest son did it mostly on his own. I built the door/gate-that was my contribution. My third gate this week.

But as I started out, I just love working with wood. There is something about it that has always captured my imagination. It is one thing (maybe reading a good book the other) which will engross me so much that I forget about eating and everything else. Yet I have so little time....Hopefully there will be many wood projects this year-some will be pretty utilitarian: gates, closets, etc. But I hope to have some fun ones too; like a music box or the like.

(Not so hot here today-only high 90's when I last checked. You can tell the difference.)

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: