Saturday, July 21, 2007

Number 800!

So the directions say: Assembly time: 1 hour 35 minutes. And I'm a pretty handy guy. I started the ceiling fan project at 10:00 AM and I jokingly told Mrs. Curley, "You'll have your kitchen back at 4:00". I was joking-she didn't have it back til 6:30!

Granted, there were a few things I was doing. The ceiling fan was not going in where a light fixture had been before, so I had to drill holes, thread wire, etc., etc. But this wasn't the 'hard part'. It was the ceiling fan itself-and this is my third so I should be a pro. Well its done now.

Number one son helped me and kept his patience with me. I sort of got bent out of shape when he dropped a split washer into the fan motor. Yet he didn't say a word when I dropped a nut down the air conditioning vent.

My other two older sons spent the day first digging a compost pit and then the rest of the day moving sand from the end of our driveway back up to the top. Everyone worked hard today.

Am taking a break with a Keystone Light-but must get back to helping put the kids to bed.

Oh yes, and this is post number 800 on this blog. A milestone day to be sure.

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: