Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Things have been busy...

....school year winding down (hurrah!) and everything else.

I have a request. I know someone with an interest in attending Benedictine College in Atchison, KS. If anyone has information on the orthodoxy of the Theology department, the Catholicity of the administration, and the culture of the school if would be greatly appreciated. You can only learn so much from a website and a 2-day visit. If you would like to email me instead of leaving a comment, try info"at"requiempress"dot"com. (Note I replaced the @ and the .com to avoid spammers. Make Benedictine part of your subject line so I don't delete it as spam.) Anything you can tell me would be greatly appreciated.

Just for kicks, I post of the following picture from "Winchester 73". I just can't help it, Jimmy Stewart westerns are great. We borrowed it from the library a week or so ago. (Not great like "Rio Bravo" and "The Magnificent Seven"-but highly enjoyable great.)

Finally, note that the special on "Witnesses to the Holy Mass" at Requiem Press goes active tonight. (A real deal for only $5, and shipping only $1.50.) Buy it for yourself, your local library, or a friend. It is a great book.

Here's a couple of short reviews:


Witnesses is an extraordinary book about love and blood sacrifice for the Eucharist! Reading it will inspire a greater devotion to the Catholic faith, especially the Mass. Once I began reading, I couldn’t put it down. Once I finished, I couldn’t wait to share it with others… Having read the book, I feel a greater desire to defend my faith even unto death. Thank you!” -Dede Laugesen, Director, Holy Baby! DVDs and President, The Rosary Project


"The gripping stories recounted will inspire not only a devotion to these saints, but also a renewed passion for the holy Mass that these holy men and women shed their blood to preserve." - March/April 2005 The Catholic Answer

Also, finally a new picture of the staff of Requiem Press can be found here.

Oremus pro invicem!


No comments: