Friday, March 16, 2007

3 quotes...

The first is not good news (from TS O'Rama):

Guinness consumption, like church attendence, is falling in Ireland. 'Nuff said.

The second is my kind of joke - hilarious, (from TS' newsyoucanuse blog)

I was in a pub in Texas the other day and I was challenged by a man named Gus who said, "I hear you Irish are a bunch of hard drinkers. I'll give you $500 if you can drink ten pints of Guinness back-to-back."The room was quiet, like before a shoot-out in a Western. I said that I would do it for his vote rather than the $500 but that I had something to do first.. Thirty minutes later I was back.The bartender lines up ten pints of Guinness. Immediately I tore into all ten of the pint glasses drinking them back-to-back. The other pub patrons cheered.

Gus promised me his vote but says, "If ya don't mind me askin', where did you go for that 30 minutes you were gone?"

I said, "Oh...I had to go to the pub down the street to see if I could do it first".

The third is worth pondering. It is from St. Augustine, but appeared recently in a column of our diocesan newspaper, the Catholic Miscellaney:

“Find out how much God has given you and from it take what you need: The remainder which you do not require is needed by others. The superfluities of the rich are the necessities of the poor. Those who retain what is superfluous possess the goods of others.”

Have a great weekend! From Bethany, the small holding in Bethune ... Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: