Thursday, October 12, 2006

I am alive...

I think this has been my longest blog-siesta since I started this thing two years ago (anniversary coming up next week). So what have I been doing? Moving from crisis to crisis to crisis at school, at work and at home with no perceivable end in sight. (Even now there are several things I should be doing instead of posting a blog entry.) I won't belabor y'all with details-just that I have been busy and not getting everything done that I should be doing.

I know I have been missing some good and or provocative posts around st. blogs, because I do sneak a peak here or there every so often. There was at least one good one on liturgy and music at last week. There is a current thread which I haven't even finished reading the main post of on 'youth ministry' here ; and that is just to name two I have been missing.

Yesterday I walked into the school library and was aimlessly looking at a dolly full of books when the head librarian came up and said, "Take any you want. These were donated and are of no use here." First reaction? Yahoooooo!!!!. Second reaction: How can you say that "Fifteen Decisive Battles in History" or "The Birth of the Modern" by Paul Johnson, or a little book on the art of Grunewald won't be used in the school library. If you can't use them in your school library-I can use them in my homeschool library." And so I came home yesterday with a small treasure trove. (Of course I have all the time in the world to read them all....) Here's a sample from the Grunewald book ('the mocking of Christ').

Well I suppose I can't let my vast array of readers get to used to my presence here - I do have lots of work to do. But just wanted to let you know that I am still alive an kicking.... Oh yes, and that Requiem Press still has books for sale and a few late ones which should be out shortly.

Oremus pro invicem!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to having you back blogging.

Stella said...

Hey J Curley, here's a present for you! Good blog material :)

http://moonwandering2.blogspot.com/2006/10/got-ya.html