Wednesday, September 06, 2006

School...

Tonight is the first night of CCD at St. Catherine's for the year. I've heard that the program has several more students this year. Our class (high school) should be about 12-14. As you see, we are a small parish. As in the past, we are using the Bible, the Catechism, and several resources on prayer. Hopefully we can do a play this year-as we did last year.

***********************

In my teaching job, I start every class with a prayer-it had been the Our Father everyday up to last week. During the opening Mass (a couple weeks into the year) for the school said by Bishop Baker last week, he talked to the students about prayer (among other things). Inspired by some of his words I decided to mix things up a bit and familiarize the students with the Psalms. Thus, now for two week stretches we will open class with a Psalm. Once it is familiar to us, we will move on to another. I selected Psalm 22 (23) to begin as I figured it would be most familiar to all. I think I am getting more benefit out of it than the students-after praying it at the beginning of every class for almost a week now.

No comments: