Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Holy Days and other things

Sorry for my absence yesterday. I overslept and that started the day off in a rush. I was going to go to the 7:30 AM Mass at St. Joseph's in Columbia-but ended up going to the 5:30 PM Mass.

When I was a kid going to Catholic schools, the schools weren't open on holy days. I guess times have changed. We had student orientations yesterday and full work day for the teachers. If your Catholic schools can't get it right concerning holy days-what hope can we have for the rest of society in respecting our religious practices?

Was given a copy of John Senior's The Death of Christian Culture. As long-time readers know, when I read his Restoration of Christian Culture, I posted about it the whole I was reading it (my kids refer to the book as the "Smash the TV book"). So look out. I am almost finished Chapter 1.

Stay tuned also: I have about six months worth of pictures I am developing this week. I'm sure some will their way onto Bethune Catholic.

Yesterday was the first holy day in over two years I didn't spend with the family. I hardly knew it was a holy day except for my pre0ccupation on how I was going to get to Mass after my initial plans were dashed on over-sleeping.

How to celebrate holy days and special saint's feasts and live a Christian culture in general within the family when I was working outside the home fulltime was a challenge Mrs. Curley and I constantly worked at. The past two and a half years, we have been able to do this differently with my offices at home and being my own boss. Now as I am working outside the home for part of the day, we need to remember a little on how we did things before. Always a challenge...

From Bethany, the small holding in Bethune...Oremus pro invicem!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

About those pictures, don't get any ideas about blackmail! I have a better source than you!