Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Weekend

One thing I discovered this weekend was that if you don't count ball drops, lost balls, and the occasional "I'm going to take that one again", your golf score can improved by some 20-30 strokes. I only golf once every year or two-usually with my younger brother. Played 18 holes twice this weekend at the Bethune Country Club-"it hasn't changed since 1962"-(really) with my brother. Made one par (if you don't count things as defined above). Yesterday it was probably 105 out there, but as I told Mrs. Curley we brought plenty of drink (Miller Lite-I think) to keep us hydrated.

It was great to have my brother's family here for the weekend. My godson was a favorite with everyone. We haven't had an infant around the house for several years. The youngest kids (and some of the older ones) just gathered around young Brendon the whole weekend.

They are leaving to go back North this morning. Maybe we can get up there this year....

Other highlights of the weekend? Went to the Isle of Palms outside of Charleston on Monday. The water was as warm as a bathtub, but there was a breeze, so it was a wonderful day. Fireworks and (finally) "Master and Commander" last night. A lot of conversation-which is one of my favorite things to do-and a few family rosaries with my brother's family:always a blessing.

Looks like I've missed a few bloggers from my sidebar signing off temporarily or permanently over the last few days. Will have to catch up-but first I need to get back to work.

From Bethany, the small holding in Bethune...Oremus pro invicem!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of being hydrated, how does one get there by your means???

Jim Curley said...

You have to drink the beer faster than it de-hydrates you-as beer tends to do.