Thursday, July 13, 2006

Carmelite Sprituality

I am 'sitting in' on a Discalced Carmelite (secular order) study group which has just started at our parish. I really am not sure if Carmelite spirituality is my spirituality, but then again I have never really investigated it-as I have never read any of the writings of John of the Cross or Teresa of Avila. Perhaps I should be reading up the archives of Floscarmeli?

In the past, the plan of life/spiritiality of Opus Dei and the writings of its founder St. Josemaria Escriva (you may have noticed quotes from him here from time to time) seems to make the most sense and be the best fit for me. (I grew up near Boston and frequented Opus Dei centers in high school and later after graduate school.) As you can see, my copy of "The Way" is well-worn.

And, uh, by the way-make that 10 puppies... I think that should be it. Come on by in a few weeks-I'll have a deal you can't pass up.

No comments: