Thursday, April 20, 2006

I confess...

I was a bit nervous for the radio interview yesterday. My tongue is not so quick. I am much better with time to think. But overall, I think it went okay. I had fun. I was able to listen to Alan Keyes who was on ahead of me. I certainly would like to see him run for President again. He is the only candidate we hear who talks about the most important issues facing this country in an articulate fashion.

I recall some years ago going to the Embassy Suites in Columbia to see the Republican candidates for President. Pat Buchanan was the first speaker. He said he was delighted to be on just ahead of Alan Keyes, instead of after him; the last time he spoke, he came on just after Alan Keyes and Mr. Keyes was so good he had "burned the paint off the wall" with his speech-a hard act to follow. I guess I was in that unenviable position last night.

No comments: