Monday, April 03, 2006

Bunny Rabbits!

Sometime during the night two of our does gave birth to their first litters. One doe had 5, the other had one (although quite possibly it had more-keep reading.) Neither pulled fur out ahead of time-thus I did not have a nesting box ready. Frankly although I knew it was the due or past, I had pretty much given up hope. Thus we were not ready.

The doe that had one may have had more, but they may have sqirmed out of the cage. We have cats which wouldn't let a free meal go uneaten.

I think we have it all under control now. But we do have one more doe (I didn't mark the calendar when we tried mating her last, so....).

By the way, the one bunny we put in with the litter of 5, first smearing her with the scent of her 'new' mother. (Often bunnies won't last if they are alone in their litter.).

The new adventure begins....

No comments: