Saturday, February 18, 2006

A couple requests...

Not much time this morning for a proper post. I have a practically new dishwasher to install and a den re-arrange, trying to fit in some furniture we were given. These are remnants to remind us of some good friends who just moved back to Texas.

Mrs. Curley's brother (only in his mid-30's) had emergency heart surgery (a catheritization thing) a few days ago. Apparently he has had an untreated heart condition since he was born, and it could be ignored no longer. Prayers requested that he recovers to full health soon. He is married with three children.

Got some good, and almost unbelievable news yesterday. I used to be (see the 4 meme below) a patent agent. I still have my license to practice and occasionally take on a consulting job to earn extra cash. This summer I took on such a job. Anyone who knows the patent world will tell you that a patent application normally takes at least 9 months (usually over a year) before the first examination and usually somewhere between 18 months to 36 months to get the patent granted, (if indeed it is a novel invention). Well just before Christmas (4.5 months after filing) the inventor called me to say he needed a little more help as he got the result back from the first examination. I was surprised, but happy for him. I put in an hour or two and sent him on his way. I got a phone call yesterday, and he informed me that his patent application had been allowed. I couldn't believe it. This is only 7 months after filing! He told me I am in the wrong business (publishing) and I should be doing patent work-maybe he's right.

In that vein comes the second request. We run pretty close to the line here and the occasional extra work I get or the extra money we pick up doing various endeavors often makes the difference between remaining viable or not during slow times, (remember the $9.00 yard sale I reported some months back, ha! ha!). So the request is just to keep us in your prayers as we continue this experiment (or adventure, or insanity-depending on the day).

From Bethany, the small holding in Bethune...Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: