Monday, January 30, 2006

Okay, I have pretty much finished my Federal taxes (I misplaced an 1099-INT, but it won't make a measurable difference). No good news-but no bad news either, as expected. The state taxes should be a breeze from here on out.

I have not read Deus Caritas Est yet, and I have tried not to read too many of the commentaries appearing all over the place because I just want to form my own impressions.

We had a good weekend, some good friends were over on Saturday. I have been having alot of trouble with my knee (an old basketball injury which flares up occasionally) for several weeks. I have even used a cane for a few days. But Saturday we got a football game going with the boys, and although I was hobbled (this is my excuse for our team being slaughtered) I tried not to let my knee interfere too much with the game. Lo and behold, on Sunday (and continuing this morning) my knee is better than it has been in several weeks. Usually playing through my knee problems is countrer-productive, but not this time.

Got my Winter 2006 copy of Catholic Mens Quarterly this weekend. I have mentioned CMQ before as a good read. They are about to expand the magazine by about 50%, but are holding yearly subscription prices the same for a limited time...

From Bethany, the small holding in Bethune...Oremus pro invicem!

1 comment:

Matthew said...

I also haven't read Deus Caritas Est yet. I plan to do so soon, but I haven't had time. I'm currently on a Bible reading schedule so that I'll finish the Bible in a year. And, that's more important to me.