Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Not much to say...

Its not really that I don't have much to say, its just that I can't find the words-is this writer's cramp or blogger's cramp? For instance there has been some discussion at the new Corpus Meum and at Hallowed Ground on distributism and Catholic re-settlement. I have some comments to make on these and other topics, but just am having trouble translating my thoughts onto paper (screen as it were). Maybe I haven't had enough quiet time-or maybe this is why some bloggers take sabbaticals or blog-fasts as they say.

Here's something I found very interesting. An excerpt:

This has put Catholic laymen and laywomen in the awkward and unaccustomed position of simply begging. We are seeing the emergence of "lay mendicants." While there is a long tradition of mendicant religious orders, this is an odd experience for lay people, especially men, who have been in the business world. One could become a millionaire honorably manufacturing bottle caps, but one can work just as hard trying to explain or defend the Gospel of Salvation and barely stay above the poverty line. Perhaps this is as it should be, but it can be hard on the nerves of those with the strongest faith.

I must say that the generosity shown to my family by friends and strangers this past 6-9 months as we have struggled to get Requiem Press on its own feet has been inspiring-especially since this outpouring has been spontaneous. In Furrow (St. Josemaria Escriva) I have been reading recently about "generosity". I am humbled by the generosity shown to us these months and suddenly realize how much I have been lacking all these years.

There are two commentaries on the Liturgy I would like to excerpt or comment on. I haven't determined whether either are on-line yet. Maybe in a few days....

From Bethany, the small holding in Bethune...Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: