Monday, August 08, 2005

From a long absence...

I'm back!

I was at the CMN (Catholic Marketing Network) show/conference in Philiadelphia last week to try to sell books. Thought I saw Amy Welborn going into an elevator, and sure enough she mentions she was there. I heard Fr. Fessio of Ignatius Press (and Ave Maria University) speak a little about Pope Benedict XVI's vision for the Liturgy. And I had several long and interesting discussions with Chris from Loreto publications. They have some great books. In fact my wife has not been able to put down "The Valiant Woman" by Monseigneur Landriot Archbishop of Rheims which Chris had given to me at CMN.

I stayed with my sister (Agnes Penny - "Your Labor of Love" - TAN books) who lives in the area. It was great to see my charming neices and nephew once again.

But it is even greater to be back at Bethany! Our one-year anniversary of moving to Bethune, SC was yesterday. The kids put on a talent show where at least half the numbers were humorous take-offs of "If I Were a Rich Man" (The Fiddler on the Roof). Why - You may ask? It is a long story, but it has to do with my performance of that number some time ago....

I have much to catch up on. The computer system is not yet fixed, (somehow problems don't go away just because you are...).

From the small holding in Bethune.....

Oremus pro invicem!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you back! I love to hear about the performances your family does. It sounds like such a great family culture: what riches for children to grow up with. :) God bless!

Jim Curley said...

Thanks - it is good to see you blogging more often again too.