Monday, June 13, 2005

Round-Up

Destination Order recalls some insights from Maria VonTrapp on country life - especially the differing practices and views of it from Europe and America.


Jeff at Hallowed Ground, continues (to our benefit) to have guest columnist Franklin Jennings expound upon urban homesteading, and Jeff himself reflects on country life and neighbors. Jeff also mentions weeding. Funny my daughter commented the other day that she can understand some biblical passages better after weeding in the garden for a few hours.

Alicia has took and tagged me for the book challenge - but you can see my responses already below. In retrospect, I would now certainly add Familiaris Consortio by John Paul II as one of the 5 books which mean alot to me. I have read it several times and have consulted it many more times for guidance in dealing with family issues/problems which cross the modern culture.

Finally - I did get the 'punched-tin' doors finished on Mrs. Curley's pantry/hutch on Saturday. My daughter helped with the design on the tin as I finished up the door frames and hinges etc. It looks good - if I do say so myself. I will post a picture once I get around to developing them - don't hold your breath.

From 'Bethany' - the small holding in Bethune...

Oremus pro invicem!




No comments: