Monday, April 25, 2005

A few things ....

It has been almost a week since my last post ... and the trend may continue. My network card or my modem or both have bit the dust, so I am checking Requiem Press email at the library. In our small town, the library is only open a couple hours each day - and different hours every day.

After reading some of the news at Bettnet.com I wish Requiem Press had some of Cardinal Ratzinger's books for sale. It appears Ignatius Press has almost sold out all their stock.

We did send a very important book to the printer today. I plan to blog about it some in the coming weeks. The subject of the book is very close to my heart. The book is due for release in late May. More on this later...

Jeff over at Hallowed Ground ponders getting a milk cow - how this would tie them down - and how this would make their life more monastic. These are thoughts Mrs. Curley and I have pondered also.

However, we are having trouble with simple chickens. We suddenly went from 6-7 eggs a day to 1-3 eggs a day. We can't figure out what is the problem. They look healthy, but they don't seem to be eating much.

We are also afraid the cold weather may ruin our first real vegetable garden. Last night it was in the high 30's - low 40's. This is unheard of in late April in SC.

From the small holding in Bethune...

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: