Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Wednesday of the 4th Week of Advent


I may blog some later today time permitting, but here are three short items:

1. I have an article on CatholicExchange.com, here

Earlier on in the week I mentioned that I would blog on another Curley family tradition this week. The CE article explains it. I quote from it briefly:

"Society has placed God behind closed doors. The opportunity to bring His message "to the streets" (albeit in such a minor way), gives a joyous start to our Christmas celebration. It is not often we can emulate the activities of angels: why not bring Christ to your neighbors this Christmas Eve with your family?"

This year on Christmas Eve we are making a surprise carolling visit with a few other families to 'someone special' (more on this later). Then we will come back to Bethune and sing carols as a family in the parking lot of the store in town.

2. My number three son, Matthew John (who received first Holy Communion two weeks ago) attended Mass with me alone this morning. (Usually my two older sons come and serve Mass - but Mrs. Curley was taking them into the city this morning.) Matthew was supposed to serve the Christmas morning Mass with his two older brothers as an observer only as he had never served at the altar before. However, this morning Fr. John (without my older sons) called Matthew to serve alone for the first time. He was perfect in his reverence and made no mistakes. I am very proud of my Matthew this morning.

3. Finally, it is not too late to order books from Requiem Press for Christmas.

From the small holding in Bethune...

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: