Monday, November 15, 2004

Random Thoughts


Saturday I was up on the roof twice; to measure and then install a chimney cap. Friday I was up there to clean it. My roof is not too high, but it is steeper than it looks from the ground. I am just really not a roof guy. I told Mrs. Curley where the life insurance policies were located before going up. And I can confirm that it is possible to navigate a roof and pray with great attention at the same time.


One thing we have found out here in the country is that you need to be able to do most things yourself. Even if cost was not an issue, this is true. The fact is that the only chimney sweep in the county is 40 miles away and only sweeps chimneys on weekends. The only electrician is 35 miles away and teaches full time. You start to get the point. You find yourself doing many things you would have been hiring people to do in a former life - thus my excursions to the roof. This is good though. We have to learn and work together as a family to get necessary things accomplished.


I had a good talk with the folks over at Catholic Men's Quarterly today. While I have not yet seen the magazine "in person", there are some good articles on their website. Check it out.

The chickens that survived "The Slaughter" [see my October archives (don't know how to do the link thing for this)], are getting big. From day to day you can actually see growth. It is amazing.

From the small holding in Bethune ....

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: