Monday, October 25, 2004

Perilous Living .... or No other woman like her

I have tried numerous times today to write a new blog entry. I have had several things to write about - but every time I sat down, a real or imagined crisis interrupted. Finally, after all the beloved children were bedded down - I thought "Here is my chance".

But alas, just as I started to expound poetically and intelligently on themes ranging from Catholicism in America to the positive influence of a holy priest, the call came from downstairs: "The washer is overflowing!" (It wasn't actually the washer but the plumbing of the drain pipe.)

So now, (many mops later), with a greatly diluted Jameson by my side (I am out of Guinness) I will finally write a few lines about a wonderful woman who cheerfully (mostly) puts up with this cranky old house we have committed ourselves to.

Soon I will finish building the pantry so you have a place to store the food; soon I will take a look at that toilet that rocks precariously; in just a few days I will patch and paint that section overhead where the plaster keeps falling off; and the washer drain .... sooner than you think.

In the meantime my beloved, keep your sense of humor and one of these days this cranky old husband will fix up this cranky old house.

Oremus pro invicem! - Let us pray for each other!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those were the good old days.
I remember it well.
Thank you!