Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pigweeds!

We finally finished planting the peanuts last week. Then we got some much needed rain (almost 4 inches in 2 days.) Most of the peanuts are up ... but the pig weeds are growing at about 3X the rate of our peanut crop. My sweet corn was saved by the rain. It sure looks good now.

Remembering my Dad today-he would have been 91 this May 31st. May his soul, and all the souls of the faithful departed, rest in peace!

Was reminded today that John Senior (Restoration of Christian Culture) recommended we (as lay folk) tithe our time for prayer (about 2.5 hours a day!). I have been frustrated of late that so many things have taken me away from my work on the farm (and the pig weeds). Perhaps I should be more concerned about things pulling me away from prayer!

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: