Thursday, March 06, 2008

The Hat

I normally wear a hat when outside. In the summer when around the house, its usually a baseball cap. In colder weather or when leaving the homestead I wear a fedora. Typically my preference is gray and in the style seen here worn by Jimmy Stewart. The quality varies. My latest is crushable, much cheaper but more practical. I liked it so much that I wore it everywhere-even when I took the boys camping. So its worn out. I still wear it working around the homestead, but it is too dirty to wear to Mass. I got it in Charleston, and am hoping to get back there soon to get another.



In the meantime, some time ago a I picked up this mustard (Gulden's) colored hat. I like it okay. I wear it with the visor up, and its in decent condition. It is almost like the one Ed Harris is wearing in the movie Radio (haven't seen the movie, but it was filmed in SC, I think.) But mine is a definite mustard color.

Mrs. Curley hates it. She thinks I wear it to torture her. Interestingly enough, I get comments on the mustard hat (all positive); where I rarely ever got a comment on any other hat I've worn. This drives Mrs. Curley to even more distraction. (Of course, there is no question about whether I seed the comments...)


I have a straw hat I wear sometimes in the summer. I don't think Mrs. Curley particularly likes that one either-but the dislike is not so intense- I'm betting she is looking forward to it this year.

Oremus pro invicem!

(PS-If you notice, a post from yesterday is gone. Don't worry, it will be back with a few touch ups.)

No comments: