Friday, March 07, 2008

It's First Friday!


I love First Fridays. We go to Mass, then have a small breakfast in the Church Hall. Last month and again this month, I am giving square dance lessons in preparation for our big square dance after Easter here at the homestead.

Believe me, if you had told me a year ago I would be calling square dances, I would have laughed and called you crazy. It's fun, but I'm not a natural caller. But I'll get better (we all hope.)

*****************

I bought a new thermometer on Wednesday night. After observing the pigs a bit, I thought it possible one may be sick. Looking it up, the book suggested I take the pig's temperature and call the vet if the pig was running a fever.

These pigs don't exactly come up and rub against my legs when I come in the pen. They are still skittish-and I'm supposed to take their temperature?

"The book" said to rub the pig's belly and talk softly while doing it. I guess you have to catch the pig first-and that's the point. If you can't catch the pig, it couldn't be too sick. (The other symptoms were gone by Thursday morning also-so I was saved!!!)

********************

Well there hasn't been too much campaign talk around here lately, but that will change. I have a series of "position" posts in preparation-the first being called: "First Principles".

*****************

We have a yard sale on Saturday morning. We were supposed to have this sale last weekend, but couldn't get our act together.

It may rain, (we need it, but it should really wait til the afternoon...). The purpose is really to get rid of stuff, not to make money (that never happens anyway-so even try?). We don't have a GoodWill store nearby to donate it to.

We also sold one of the dead cars in the driveway and an engine which has been rusting on the back of property since before we moved here. Both are still here, but since the gentlemen already paid, I assume he will come back for both.

******************

My aunt is coming this weekend to spend a few weeks, including Easter, with us. We are all excited. I have seen my aunt this past year, but it has been several years for the rest of us.

*****************


Finally, we sent out our Spring 2008 catalog yesterday. If you don't get one and want one, email me (see link above the "About Me") or go to the website and fill out the "contact us" form.

From Bethany, the small holding in Bethune .... Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: