Thursday, January 03, 2008

Yesterday while working in the office, I heard some commotion downstairs. I stole down and overheard Mrs. Curley breaking up a sibling squabble. She said something I never heard before. It went something like this:

You know boys, parents are like Christ in that we take on and suffer the sins of the whole family somewhat alike to Christ as He took on the sins of the world. When you sin, Dad and I suffer and worry about you and about the family.

Obviously there is some difference. Christ takes on our sins and redeems us; parents simply suffer their children's sins-but our suffering, if offered to God can be redemptive also.

My general advice to parents who have a really troublesome child (or a child in trouble) is simply to fast and pray.

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: