Wednesday, January 02, 2008

The year of ...

Last year someone told us that what you do on New Year's day is what you will do throughout the year. I promptly backed into another parishioner's car after Mass, and last year truly became "The Year of the Car".

This year the only notable New Year's Day occurance was a physical squabble between two of my boys over a pair of pants, which left one of them with a bruised and swollen chin. Let's hope this year doesn't become "The Year of Sibling Squabbles".

*************************

Yesterday I fiddled around with the TV long enough to get the VA vs Texas Tech Gator Bowl to come in almost passably. I promptly sat down and fell asleep. I don't know who won or anything. I used to love college football, but I just don't have time to watch much anymore-and you have to be right on top of it because of the horrible advertisements they air. Although, I didn't see many bad ones yesterday-however I was asleep.

**************************

I wrote about the heat on Sunday, but as my son said this morning, "It is ridiculously cold out there" today. The thermometer says it is in the low 30's, but it is windy. The weather website says it feels like 18.

I was talking to my neighbor yesterday. He told me that as long as it doesn't get too cold, the garden will survive. But he told me that the weather we are forecast to get later this week (lows in the upper teens) may "burn the garden up" and kill everything.

It is hard to buckle down to work this morning after so much time off (although I worked a bit on Friday and Monday.) But, it calls, so I will check in later.

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: