Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A new direction!

Earlier today I was drafting a post about how I am still undecided and totally unenthusiastic about any of the people running for president-and this with our primary on Saturday.

We were discussing this at dinner and my youngest son suggested that I run for president. The discussion started turned around, because immediately we starting thinking about living in the White House. Mrs. Curley didn't want to live there and certainly doesn't want someone else cooking for us. I mentioned that after I retired from the presidency we'd have to get a trailer in the yard to house the Secret Service detail which would be assigned to me. (Mrs. Curley didn't like this either.) The older boys-realizing there propensity to break things are afraid of the scandalous headlines: "President's family trashes historical artifacts!"

Realizing we were putting the cart before the horse, I redirected the conversation to campaigning and raising money. (No son, our friends don't have enough to finance the whole thing.) Well folks, here's the plan for:

(Okay, the banner needs a little work.) Here's the plan. We'll get an RV, plaster our banner on the side and get plenty of bumper stickers to hand out. We would plan to start a week or two after Easter (the '08 primaries will be over-I say strike while the iron is hot!) -canvassing the country in preparation for the election in 2012.

We figure it will be lots of fun. I don't know how many towns we can hit in four years, but probably enough to raise enough money to get matching funds (then you can drop out and keep the dough) and to shake enough hands that we may have good run of it.

Now today isn't a formal announcement, but I'm letting you all in on the inner workings of the exploratory committee we formed tonight around the dinner table.

(One son asked what will happen to Requiem Press while we traveled the country? I told him that no one was buying books these days anyway, so it would take care of itself quite well - [hint]).

Stay tuned and enjoy the ride.....

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: