Friday, August 19, 2005

Oh where have I been?

It has been a looooooooooong week here. I have spent the greater part of three days on the phone trying to get the company that warranteed my computer to get moving and to try to get a little satisfaction for all the mistakes they have made. Someday I will be calm enough to tell the story. For now, the system is still down - but I have more important fish to fry this week. My oldest daughter is due to head off to here in a few days. It is time to forget about computers and business and have some fun with the family.

(Here is one of my favorite pictures of myself and oldest daughter - and dog of the chicken slaughter fame)

With that said, I will leave you all with this from the March/April 2005 The Catholic Answer:

"Dom Bede Camm was a Benedictine monk, an English convert from Anglicanism who labored and prayed for the reconversion of his nation to the Catholic faith. Many of his works are historical in nature and focus on the lives and faith of the English martyrs.

"These (Witnesses to the Holy Mass and other sermons) particular sermons were preached in the Convent Chapel at Tyburn on the feast of the English Martyrs in May 1904. They recall the sacrifices of those who died during the reigns of King Henry VIII and Queen Elizabeth I. The gripping stories recounted will inspire not only a devotion to these saints, but also a renewed passion for the holy Mass that these holy men and women shed their blood to preserve."

Of course y'all know this book is available from Requiem Press !

From Bethany, the small holding in Bethune...

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: