Wednesday, July 05, 2023

Putting it up

Mrs. Curley is out of town for a couple of weeks trying to help our 3rd grandchild be born, at least helping out.

Of course this means I have lost my produce-putting-up partner. Beans I handled no problem. Freezing whole cherry tomatoes, no problem.

Making cherry tomato pasta/pizza sauce, big problem. I can follow a recipe, but since I can't stand any type of tomato sauce, I have no way of knowing if what I made is any good. But I made a quart plus of it yesterday anyway. Gregory says it's great, but anything edible is great to him.

The cherry tomatoes are plentiful. I am picking 4 or more pints a day. What to do with them all? It was fine when they were dribbling in, but now? I am thinking of putting up a sign out front to sell them. 

Last night I also started putting up the patti pan squash. I have much more to do, but I think the plants are starting to wind down.

But today we put up more corn. We probably won't have more to put up after today, but will have a few more meals. 

From the small holding in Bethune -

Oremus pro invicem!


No comments: