Saturday, May 02, 2020

Echo

I have been using an Echo CS-440 chainsaw for years. We heat only with wood, so you can imagine how much I cut with my chainsaw each year (even if we do live in mild-winter SC.)

But I am behind this year (I usually try to have next winter's wood cut and split by the end of March. As of yesterday, I only had a couple weeks worth cut. My old saw needs a major overhaul - which I will do, but in the meantime, I need to be cutting wood.

I bought an Echo CS-400 today. A slight bit less powerful (displacement) but it was the one available, at a good price. (Probably would have opted for the CS-490, but it is hard to come by locally.)

I cut, split, and stacked almost a month's worth of wood this evening. The Echo was great, but the true test is whether I am still saying it is great in 2 weeks, 2 months, 2 years, and 5 years.

BIG NEWS TODAY! In-person Mass resumes in our diocese on May 11. No word on confession returning.

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: