Friday, April 17, 2020

New Pigs

We sold most of our last litter very quickly and at a decent price. People quarantined start thinking of self-sufficiency. It was the same during the 2009 recession. I could not keep up with the demand for piglets. The demand went down as people went back to work. Thus it will be again.

Right now I have 1 sow. But I have a gilt bought as a piglet in December (?) to become a second sow. This week I bought a Hereford/Duroc cross gilt (piglet) to become a 3rd sow by the end of the year.

I am sure that demand will go down, but I think I will still be able to sell all the piglets I want.

Here is a picture of the new gilt. (Still in transport trailer. She joined a couple other pigs from our last litter in a generous and greeeeen pen.)

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: