Monday, October 05, 2015

I didn't realize how bad the flooding situation was in Columbia until out of state family started calling to see if we were all right. And then I got a call to look at the news. Wow. Can't believe it.

I have been in touch with some friends in Columbia and they are okay.

Bethune has gotten off very lightly. Our county has cancelled schools and county offices, but I think the road closures due to flooding are in Camden and Lugoff and near the Bishopville line, all of which are 30 minutes or so away.

I had warned Thomas and Bernadette yesterday that if we encountered a flooded road on the way to the Divine Liturgy that we would turn back, but we saw nothing more than a few puddles.

It has been raining several days-making a mess of the livestock pens, but otherwise, nothing exciting to report here.
 
Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: