Thursday, October 01, 2015

Back from Texas

Was in Texas this weekend visiting my seminarian. We liberated him from UD campus and seminary and camped out a couple hours away. We hiked some unmarked trails in a Texas State park for about 4 hours. We talked and played cribbage and sat around the campfire. (See pic with Matthew and Thomas.)
 
It was great to see Matthew and great to talk with him about so many things.
 
Thomas and I listened to The Valley of Fear (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle) on the road. It has always been my favorite Sherlock Holmes.
 
We also caught Pope Francis' speech to Congress and unfortunately listened to Rush Limbaugh's take on it. I haven't listened to RL for many, many years. Have I changed that much or has he? He is really is pretty ignorant and obnoxious. It seems to me that he has a problem listening to and comprehending what the Pope said. The difference between what IS and what SHOULD BE is significant, but RL doesn't seem to understand. I would expound be am not sure it is worth my time.
 
Glad to be home. We bought a car on July 17th (2015) and have already added more than 12,000 miles on it. Changed the oil in the truck this morning. My bi-weekly trips to York Tech have been putting a lot miles on it also.
 
We have a calf due any day now. We have piglets due tomorrow (I think she will be late-which is good because we haven't moved her to the farrowing pen yet!).
 
Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: