Friday, October 24, 2014

More Rosary

Since the beginning of September we have processed 6 hogs, the latest being this morning. Only 1/2 of them being our own. We know how to do it, so we help out friends when we can. But boy, I think we are a little tried of doing pigs, especially in this warmer weather.

But onto the next mystery of the rosary:

The Visitation

Mary is not pretentious or proud. Immediately after being told that she will be the mother of the Messiah, she goes to assist and to serve her cousin who is pregnant with John the Baptist.

The Mother of God serves. Her Son, the Divine Son, serves also-even unto death on a cross.

How do I serve? Does my position of authority at home and at work make me a servant or a tyrant?

O Mother of my Savior, help me to serve God and those in need for love of Him.

Oremus pro invicem!

1 comment:

Jim Dorchak said...

Thank you for prayerful the reflection Jim, I needed it. I look forward to when we have our own farm and can process some piggies.