Friday, November 13, 2009

Traditional feast of St. Stanilaus Kotska

Not to belabor my last post, but 10 years ago today we buried my father, Stanley Curley, on his name saint's feast day. Both on the 9th and the 13th of November every year we pray the Office of the Dead.

*******************

The dryer is down. Visitors here will notice the clotheslines hanging in the 'den' as we've had a welcome (but untimely, considering the dryer) run of rain and cloudy weather. I replaced the heating element in the dryer at the end of May. It starting failing again in September, but I wouldn't believe it was the heating element. Turns out it was, and the company I bought it from won't replace it; the manufacturer only warranties 90 days. But clearly the new heating element was defective. I am trying to get the company I purchased it from to discuss the matter with the manufacturer on my behalf. We'll see how this goes. You only have to replace a heating element a few times before you could've bought yourself a brand new dryer.

************

Got a new sow this week. She isn't what I planned to get, but the price was right, she's both young and proven, and she looks healthy. We'll see how it goes.

Work to do ..... Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: