Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Have been swamped with both work and car troubles...you know that thermostat? Was taking off the thermostat housing on Saturday and the bolt broke off. Fortunately it left about a 1/4 inch above the surface. Best bet is to heat it up and release it-anyone got an oxy-acetylene torch? Checked one out at NAPA on the way home from Mass this morning: $800 to get me started.

There is a machine shop/welder right outside of town who should have a torch...but I can't get it touch with him. So I talked to the one-man shop down town. I've only been to him for advice before-he stopped by the house a couple times too (Jehovah Witness). He doesn't have a torch but thinks he can get the bolt out.

We have pictures (some older) as the kids got some film developed too. Later tonight (Number 2 son's birthday today) I may have time to put some up.

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: