Thursday, November 06, 2008

Update on the radio stuff below: From the comment box, those radio times are CST to an hour later here on the East Coast. And yes, it is my brother-in-law!

From Archbishop Chaput at WYD in Australia via CWR

At different points in my life as a priest and bishop, I thought that I'd heard every possible excuse Christians have for not bringing their faith into the public square and not sharing it enthusiastically with others. But over the years, I've learned that human creativity, when it comes to making up alibis, is endless.

I thought this ties in with many of my "inspirations" of the past year (from Catholic Worker house, to runs for the legislature, to Catholic trade school-you name it.)

Speaking of the latter, there is a good site for a Catholic Trade School in Bethune. There is a motel closed 20 years ago (who knows how much work it needs). It has a bit of land and within walking distance there is a closed garage with 3 bays, which I am sure can be obtained. I am also sure some land for agriculture could be found fairly cheaply in the area.

Alternatively, I think the closed motel would be a good starting location for a fledgling monastery. Anyone know some monks looking for a place?

********************

My youngest sister, Agnes Penny (author of RequiemPress book The Story of Our Lady of Victory) now has a monthly radio show on radiomaria, every First Friday at 6:30 PM.

Her husband has a weekly show Our Quest for Truth - Live on the same station on Tuesdays at 6:30 PM (He is a high school Theology Teacher).

And unbeknowst to me until today when I was viewing the schedule, I think I have another brother-in-law broadcasting a show weekly on the same station. Unless I am mistaken, Andrew Cole of Fatherhood Speaks - Live (2:30 PM on Tuesdays) is another sister's husband. I'll have check these out. You can too-if you don't live in the broadcast area, you can listen to the programs online.

Since this is "media day" here, I would be remiss to mention the latest issue of CMQ which arrived in my box this week. I have something to quote, but it can wait til tomorrow.

Oremus pro invicem!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the letting people know about the radio shows, Jim! I should mention that it's 6:30 Central Standard Time, but in Eastern Standard Time Zone it's 7:30 for both of our shows. And yes, the show on fatherhood is done by our brother-in-law.

Agnes