Thursday, October 23, 2008

Bringing Pizza home


Yesterday Mrs. Curley was shopping in Camden. Her trips to Camden invariably include stops at the thrift stores; these stops are legendary around here.

I am working and get a call from Mrs. Curley:

"You'll never guess where I am sitting."

"Where?"

"In a Church pew."

At first I thought she might be at Our Lady of Perpetual Help in Camden-but then why would she be calling me if she was in Church? ...I suddenly got it!

"You're in a thrift store!"

So it turns out it isn't an old Church pew after all, but a booth seat from a Pizza Hut-which now graces our living room!

Young Thomas says his mouth waters every time he looks at it. (It is something like the photo-but not exactly...)

I am not sure it replaces the couch I promised Mrs. Curley, but does for now.

***************

Can't believe I missed the Pearl of York's feast day yesterday. St. Margaret Clitherow-ora pro nobis!

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: