Thursday, May 22, 2008

Red Tape week plus prayer ....

Tuesday (as mentioned briefly below) I spent a good part of the day waiting in government offices trying to correct some paperwork errors. Today I am on the phone (going on 3 hours now) with the IRS (I guess this is live-blogging). You see I received my letter informing me of my pending government stimulus check-but it was the wrong amount. They only counted the dependent children I could list on the front page of my 1040. Since the IRS only has 4 lines, additional children are listed on an attached page. In the effort to get stimulus payments out swiftly, the IRS ignored the addendum.

I wonder if others with more than 4 children (under 17) have had similar problems?

***********************

Last night we ended our CCD year with a crowning of Mary, the rosary and Benediction-followed by a pizza party. It was a great time. The occasions of prayer and party are important to a parish community and to our families.

************************

Remember (a day late) that this is the 2nd day of the Novena to the Sacred Heart. We haven't done the novena in the past-but will this year. On the feast day we will do our family forgiveness (origin and details described here) and then have our "re-enthronement ceremony (details here).

I haven't been able to find the form of the novena we doing (from an old prayer book) online so I am making copies today.

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: