Monday, January 07, 2008



Mrs. Curley picked up this gem at a library sale a couple months ago. It has sat on the shelf untouched until yesterday. What makes it interesting now is that yesterday we started to plan on hosting a family square dance for sometime just after Easter.

I read (and studied) through a lot of it yesterday and think Mrs. Curley and I can teach it and call some dances with a little practice. Fortunately we have enough people around here on a daily basis that we can practice teaching and calling to see how it goes. Mrs. Curley and I and the kids were practicing a little last night. It's going to be fun.

My Mom was a great square dancer before she was married to my father. I might try to wrangle some tips from her.

**************************

Some of us went for a walk in the woods yesterday afternoon. Deer hunting season is over now, so its safe. After we came back I went to Google-Earth and showed them the satellite view of our walk. Turns out there is a pond just past our stopping point. We'll have to go back and check it out. Maybe there's some good fishing there?

Our Christmas tree is still up. Sometimes it stays up til February 2nd. The needles aren't shedding, but the tinsel is. However, we have a box of tinsel "in reserve" in case the tree needs a little touch-up.

The kids are back to school this week after an extended Christmas holiday.

And the cold snap late last week may have prematurely ended much of the fall/winter garden. I notice the turnip leaves seemed shriveled yesterday and the broccoli-which hasn't been doing much of late anyway-is also shrivelled. I will take a closer look today.

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: