Friday, November 02, 2007

Milestone missed and Wal-Mart

Didn't realize it, but yesterday I posted my 1000th entry on Bethune Catholic.

Yesterday's All Saints party was a great time as always. We had an inordinate amount of saints from the Diocletian persecution. Mrs. Curley and I did a presentation for the first time. We played Mr. & Mrs. Martin (parents of the Little Flower). Great food-great company! I'll try to get some pictures up in a week or two.

After the festivities, a few of us went to the local cemetary to get some plenary indulgences for the souls in purgatory. We went again today. Father had a long line for confession this morning-I assume people wanted to facilitate the plenary indulgences.

My email and the Requiem Press website has been up and down the past few days. It seems there have been server problems. I am a little concerned. I can't take orders; can't get email; and I don't really how concerned I should be. Sometimes it is working and sometimes not. The server (or the data) is supposed to be moved from Baltimore to Andover this weekend.

Now to Wal-Mart.... Has any of you ever bought soda or water out of the vending machines at Wal-Mart? It seems no matter which one we go to, we lose $0.25 to $0.50 every time. And we've seen other people lose money in the machines too. It happens so often, I am getting the feeling it is on purpose. The service desk is loathe to refund your money-and if you are a minor forget it. (My son lost a quarter-a BIG deal to him- and they told him to get lost.) Yet they must know-they must get loads of complaints. Although the lady Mrs. Curley talked to the other day (who had just lost a quarter) didn't bother trying to get her money-she didn't want the hassle for $0.25. I'll bet there are a lot of people like that. It would be interesting to find out if this is as widespread as it seems. (Like I don't have enough to keep track of already.)

No comments: