Friday, August 17, 2007

You never know where you will find something to chew on. I felt I was being lazy last night by picking up an Agatha Christie mystery of the book shelf-probably something I bought when traveling back when I was gainfully employed. (I am employed now-the gainfully part is up for debate in some quarters.) I have always loved mysteries, and Agatha Christie is the unquestioned queen. I was looking for something light. But this is what I found on page 3 of "The Pale Horse":

It came to me suddenly that evil was, perhaps necessarily always more impressive than good. It had to make a show! It had to startle and challenge! It was instability attacking stability. And in the end, I thought, stability will always win.

Interesting notes about Agatha Christie (found at Wikipedia), like this one: "Her father died when she was very young. Her mother resorted to teaching her at home, encouraging her to write at a very young age. At the age of 16 she went to a school in Paris to study singing and piano."-imagine, Agatha Christie was homeschooled!

No comments: