Saturday, August 18, 2007

Yesterday number one son came down with flu-like symptons-high fever, achy, headache, etc. Last night I was feeling a bit achy myself with a low fever. So I decided not to make the three hour trek today for Fr. Selzer's Funeral in Charleston. Instead, at 11:00 the family prayed the rosary for Fr. Selzer and his family and finished with the De Profundis. May his, and all the souls of the faithful departed, rest in peace.

**************************

Last evening Mrs. Curley was preparing dinner-Tuna fish and french fries, and some imitation crab meat thrown in for kicks. I was hanging around doing nothing and picked up the imitation crabmeat label. Here it is magnified:

The first thing you see is the "Hometown Proud Seafood" bit. The small print however says "farm raised product of China".

Am I crazy or is this deceptive. How do you reconcile the hometown proud seafood label with made in China?

Okay, there is no lie-but it is deceptive. I am going to take this up with the manager.

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: