Thursday, August 23, 2007

Still going through pictures...

You will note that I have been pretty selective and not overwhelming with the pictures, yet I have a few more to post-a pretty good story goes along with one of them.

First, I have mentioned more than once that I like making things with wood. Here are two end tables I made about 13 or more years ago-almost entirely with hand tools. We still use them today. Pine construction, mortice and tenon joints. One has a drawer. Unfortunately (and this is hard to pick up in the photo) I stained the first one with a walnut stain and the second one (by mistake) with a cherry stain. To this day, they don't match.

Regardless of your interest, I will post more pictures of my woodworking as I come across them. I think I have a stash of photos in the garage.

I will post the next set of pictures and the story in a separate post...stay tuned.

Oh yes, and happy feast of St. Rose of Lima! I have a niece named Rose, but I think she is named after our Lady-the Mystical Rose.

Finally, please do weigh in on my last post-do you like the cover concept? Do you have any ideas for color?

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: