Friday, August 31, 2007

quick notes

The Yeoman Farmer is moving and wants to know if you are interested in buying his organic farm south of Chicago. From his description and the pictures, he has made his homestead all we hope our place will be someday-and he did it in only 6 years. Methinks his asking price (while too steep for me) seems more than extremely reasonable; of course I don't know the real estate market there, but commuting distance to Chicago I would think would demand higher prices. Let's hope he continues to post at his new place....

***************************

I note that TS uses the word "milquetoast" in a post today. Coincidentally, the origin of that word comes from a HT Webster (of the How to Torture your husband/wife fame in posts below) cartoon series character Caspar Milquetoast from The Timid Soul. Here is a sample of Caspar:


As TS' post was about sports figures, I tried to keep with the theme.

No comments: