Monday, July 23, 2007

Random thoughts

It is about 6 weeks since my teaching job ended, and I'm putting on weight. Never thought it would happen, but I guess it makes sense. Teaching, I was on my feet for 6-7 hours every day, standing or walking. Now I sit in front of the computer for a good part of every day. I will have to change this.

We are planning a fall crop and thinking of the future too. We are going to get some blueberry bushes and maybe a peach and fig tree in the fall. We had a fig tree when we lived in Columbia, but the squirrels always seemed to get the figs before we did.

Just wondering if pictures make a blog more interesting or if blog-readers are more sophisticated than that. I never had pictures for a long time until one day I figured out how to put them up, now I am always looking for the picture link. Of course mostly I think the blog is for me and occasionally to get a rise out of Mrs. Curley when she reads it. So I guess I have to ask myself the question.

Our pregnant yellow-lab type dog is missing this morning. Hope that doesn't mean our neighbor with the chickens got her. Or she could be hiding out have pups. Who knows?

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: