Monday, July 09, 2007


Finished the last Walter Macken novel and am now reading the second in his Irish history trilogy (of course I am reading them backwards, but they do stand alone.) This one is about the years of famine in the 19th century. This one is also borrowed from my sister. I always steal a book or two on my way through.

Of course I am still reading John Senior's "Death of Christian Culture"; brought it on vacation with me, but never opened it. It always seems that something my sister has on her shelf is more appealing to me than what is in my bag.

We are still recovering from our trip north. Most bags are unpacked, but not packed away. I am still recovering from my year of teaching. (The nightmares have not stopped, but I no longer have the shakes in the morning.- Ha! Ha! am joking.) I have a stack of 'non-pressing' but unanswered correspondence from the past few months-most of them book queries. Lots of work to do.

Was contemplating blogging in general the other day. For some, it is a commentary on world or local happenings and/or cultural issues. For others it is more of an online diary. BethuneCatholic used to be a mix, but it has become more of a diary in recent months. It is not that I lack opinion on political/cultural issues, but opinion does take more time to write properly and that has been lacking around here in recent months.

Euphoria in Catholic blogosphere over the Motu Proprio is visible in many places. Some have celebrated by putting up some great pictures. I wonder what this will mean for our diocese. Bishop Baker has allowed the traditional Mass as long as there is a priest and congregation. Before he came, there were none (authorized that is) in the diocese. We have a weekly Mass already in the Charleston, SC area by a diocesian priest. There is a weekly traditional Mass in the Greenville area also, (don't know where the priest who celebrates the Mass is from.) Columbia has a monthly Mass from the FSSP.

Remember the fashion poll and free book offer in Saturday's post (which is actually dated today since I am leaving it on top).

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: