Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Once again ...

Was not called for jury duty. Don't know if it how I answered the questionaire or that they just didn't want me. Just as well-as the school year is winding down, I don't have much "extra" time.

*******************************


A couple things y'all should read: Yesterday on Catholic Exchange was this article by (one of my favorites) Russell Shaw. Here's how it starts:


Like a zombie trailing grave cloths through the halls of Congress, the Equal Rights Amendment, dead and buried this quarter-century, has come back to scare the living daylights out of us all. An icon for secular feminists that's coming up on its 85th anniversary next year, the ERA would lock abortion and, some believe, same-sex marriage into the Constitution far into the future.


and ends:


Too bad the nation, with better things to do, must fight this settled issue over again. But have no doubt — we must.


Wasn't contemplating this fight-and you know time has passed, people get used to an idea they hated before, and the battle is quickly lost.

*********************************

And, there is some good conversation going on at Stony Creek Digest on killing (or my preferred term, smashing) the TV. When I read John Senior's "Restoration of Christian Culture" a couple years back, (see my comments here and here and here among other places) I discussed the TV smashing angle and other things. Time to get that book back in print....

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: