Thursday, February 22, 2007

Ruminations...

No, I am not blog-fasting during Lent. Things have just been very busy.

Haven't decided on my Lenten reading yet, but I do know that I will be reading the meditation at the end of "A Doctor at Calvary" during Holy Week (as has become somewhat of a tradition for me.)

Don't recall if I mentioned we have a couple puppy litters to get rid of (6 pups and 2 pups). One puppy didn't make it. And we have gotten rid of 3 so far. If you're in the area and want one, just stop on by...

*************************************

I know I promised to write some last year on Pope Benedict XVI's first Encyclical, Deus Caritas Est, but I am not sure how much I really ever wrote. (No time to look in the archives presently.) Now I realize I am probably not prepared even now to write much commentary about it-except that I know that we have come to know some people who are living out the charity attributed to the early Christian community. I have been humbled in the last 2 years to see these people in action. I can not even speak coherently about what I have learned from these families: learned about myself and about true Christian charity.

Some people give-even to their own discomfort, but still hold back something for themselves. We have experienced families who just give without thinking about themselves or their own comforts. May God bless these friends and provide for their physical and spiritual needs! I am sure I have not thanked them enough for their support during some of our very trying times last year. More importantly, I hope we have learned enough to recognize and respond to others who have need of God's love through us (who doesn't?).

We have experienced many changes over the last three years-and more (I think) are yet to come. Hopefully we can embrace God's will and really contemplate what God has blessed us with as we move forward.

Am pressed for time this afternoon, so I will leave it at that for the moment.

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: